Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Chinese student wants to know more

Tonight as I was sitting at the desk greeting tourists from the PCC two oriental women were looking at our handouts.  I asked where they were visiting from.  The one who spoke English said she was a college student at a church school in Michigan.  The older lady did not speak English, only Chinese.  They were originally from Shanghai.  I was impressed to give them everything we had in simplified Chinese which is what they read on mainland China.  I even handed a Book of Mormon to the student.  She was very interested and started reading it right in front of me. 

Later I learned that as she rode the tram back to the PCC she filled out a comment card and asked for the representatives to visit her and added names of two friends.  The Lord works with individuals.   I can see that as we give out literature to the Chinese who come to the VC,  the  gospel is going forth to that nation.  I am in charge of ordering our literature from church headquarters and cannot get any more copies of the Book of Mormon in simplified Chinese as they are revising it and other Chinese literature.

We also had an interesting meeting in the morning with Elder Paul  Pieper of the Seventy.  He told of the miracles that are happening quietly in the Middle East where he is assigned.  He was also assigned to Kazakhstan and knew Craig Vincent and his wife.  Small world in the Church!