Monday, February 21, 2011

Don's mini-vacation at Castle Medical Center

Sunday night after we fixed dinner and fed four missionaries who had no dinner appointments, I began to have severe chest pains and had a difficult time breathing.  Elders Nysetvold and Eubank came over and gave me a blessing.  Elder Nysetvold also provided some aspirin and nitroglycerin pills (for later, just in case), and encouraged me to call 911 for a ride to the hospital. I also used one of Donna's asthma inhalers and decided to wait and allow the pills, inhaler and blessing to take effect.  By 10 pm I felt a little better and weathered the night, mostly in our recliner chair.  Here I am at the hospital the next day being tested for a heart attack.  The good news: it wasn't my heart.  Must have been Donna's spaghetti.  By Tuesday I felt 100% better.  I am so thankful for priesthood blessings!