Saturday, January 23, 2010

Missionary Experiences for the week

June Lee, A dad who lives in Honolulu and his daughter, Karen Enriquez, who was visiting him from northern California came to the VC.  The dad has attended church a few times with a friend.  As we finished the "God's Plan for His Family" presentation I could tell both were touched by the message and both said that they would like missionaries to visit them and answer more questions.

We decided this week to sign up for Direct TV instead of cable (which has caused us no end of trouble).  As I talked to the person helping me over the phone I told him about our serving as missionaries in Laie and that we would be returning to Utah next year.  I asked him if he knew anything about the Church...he didn't...said he was a Lutheran.  I asked if he would like a copy of the Book of Mormon and he said yes (what else would he say since he was trying to complete a Direct TV sale).  So I have sent him a copy and will have the missionaries in Colorado Springs stop by and visit Eric Martinez.