Sunday, November 22, 2009

Anti-Mormon visitor experiences the VC

On Friday all the sister missionaries attended a meeting with Elder Tom Perry, leaving the Senior Couples to staff the Visitors' Center.

I (Donna) had a great experience on Friday am.  I talked to a young couple and their mom (from South Jordan, Utah) who were members of the church plus their non-member grandmother (from California).  As I began to show them around, the mother whispered to me that the grandmother was "anti-Mormon."


 We stopped with others who were watching the children in a kiosk presentation. The grandmother just stood their and REALLY listened and enjoyed the presentation. Then we moved on to the Mormon Ads. Again she really enjoyed them and pushed a button herself so she could listen to more. I suggested we go to God’s Plan and they all agreed. While there the members all had tears in their eyes and the grandmother was also touched. She left smiling and I testified of the importance of families and the temple. I could not get over the difference in her countenance from when we first started and when we finished. They were all happy and I bet anything they will have better gospel discussions than ever before. The gospel can change lives and I’m praying that the grandmother will listen to her children.