Sunday, December 12, 2010

Former SLC Missionary now neighbor

Today we had a delightful experience visiting with a former Utah Salt Lake City missionary who lives just down the street from our apartment.  B. Kai-O Chang began his mission with us on June 17, 1992, just 13 days before we were released and returned to Escondido, CA.  He had a rough start on his mission after we left.

Kai-O walked into the VC a while back and recognized me while I was talking to some guests in our "Temple" corner.  Pretty amazing that he would remember me 18 years later.  He didn't say anything then, or since, even though he's seen us several times from a distance.  Until today.  He said he was "blown away" seeing us "there you were, both still faithfully serving in the Church."  He said, "I thought to myself, if they can continue to be faithful and serve, so can I."  He was pretty emotional today and all three of us had a joyful reunion.  He has a wonderful wife and three lovely daughters and now works for BYUH.