Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sometimes it is too easy...

A couple came with the PCC tour the other day but didn't follow the group into the theatre or to the back of the VC where the exhibits are.  Instead, they sat down on a sofa on the far side of the Christus lobby.  I was on the opposite side of the room and watched several pair of sister missionaries walk by them, with no effort to engage them in a conversation. 

As I walked toward them, the husband stood and approached me and asked "Do you have a Book of Mormon?"  I said yes and asked if he would like one.  He said he would...that he had always wanted to read one.  I offered to mail one to him or have one delivered to his home and learned that they would be in Hawaii for another three weeks and was hoping to be able to read it while here.

Bottom line: Donna found a copy and we gave it to him and we'll have missionaries call on him at home when he returns to answer his questions.  I also invited him to return and go through the temple.  He said he would.

Arnold lives in Groton, Connecticut...in Don Worthington's mission (Don and his wife are from our home ward (Country Park 4th), so I dropped him a note so we could join forces in helping Arnold and his wife in their study of the gospel.